Thursday, June 15, 2006

Story for sale!

Through my small press publications, I have gotten enrolled in the "Amazon Shorts" program, whereby authors can sell short stories or essays digitally for cheap. I've uploaded the workshop story from my English 101 workshop, "Soft Release" (link is to the right). It's a story about a guy returning to his hometown in northern Minnesota after getting a University degree. He feels a connection to the woods and has spent the last several months rehabbing an injured wolf to release to the wild. The connection between him and the people in his hometown is much more tenuous, made more so by his decision to release what they see as a dangerous predator. As the story progresses, he has to come to terms with where he feels he belongs.

Anyway, I'm doing this Amazon thing to increase exposure. The story's only forty-nine cents, so I'm not going to retire. I'd ask you, if you get it and like it, to recommend it to other people you think might like it. If they like it, hopefully they'll tell people about it too. Hey, you can't even get a soda for $0.49 anymore! Why not try half an hour of entertainment? :)

No comments: