Friday, August 25, 2006

Apologies...and minor news

I switched to the new Blogger beta today and in changing the RSS feed location, it appears to have flooded the LJ syndicated feed with a recap of a bunch of old entries. Sorry to anyone whose friends list is swamped with my chatterings...

In other news (so this isn't a completely off-topic post), I now have seen sketches for the cover and interior illos for "Common and Precious" and I'm very excited. Sara Palmer is doing her usual excellent job on the interiors (she's illustrated a couple other books for Sofawolf), and Heather Bruton just delivered a lovely sketch for the cover. I'm hoping to get some review copies printed to go out to a few places this fall while final proofing happens, and having the cover done would be a definite plus for that. I'll post the final cover here when it's done.

This is one of the really exciting parts of being a writer--seeing talented artists take your work and create beautiful images. Seeing how the emotions and characters built up through your words translate to characters and expressions in images is something I never get tired of, and I'm deeply grateful to have had the opportunity to work with talented artists like Heather and Sara.

No comments: